Friday, May 18, 2007

Quote of the Day

“The natural cure for an ill-administration, in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men.”

— Alexander Hamilton

Hat tip to The Patriot Post which also contains an interesting column, "The GOP - A Party in Distress."


Thomas said...

Maggie - I really enjoyed hearing you on Eye on Toledo this week - you did a good job and kept the show interesting.

My name is Tom Morrissey, and I am heading up a certain effort to recall a certain mayor - I think this quote is great, it really is time for a change of men in Toledo. I would really like to get in contact with you - I'm sure your insight would be helpful as well as different from everybody else I have contacted through the many emails, phone calls, and meetings.


Tom Morrissey
UT Student and concerned citizen

Chad said...

Hiya Maggie... My thoughts exactly. Out with the Old Boy's Club and in with a common sense Municipal Government. I know....where do we find em??..laf! We're here..and we're po'd. Starting to crawl outta the woodwork now..hehehe Email me and we'll exchange ideas:) Chad

Maggie Thurber said...

Chad - I agree that there are pockets of people here and there who are beginning to 'crawl out of the woodwork.'

I remember a movie where, at the end, they said the lead was a 'hopeless romantic.' She clarified and said 'no - hopeful romantic.'

So I remain hopeful...

Chad - you've got my email but I don't have yours...

Google Analytics Alternative