Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my sister and my aunt ... and to every mother!

My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~ Graycie Harmon

I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~ Adabella Radici

[A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. ~ Emily Dickinson

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~ Tenneva Jordan

The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~ Jane Sellman

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. ~ Mildred B. Vermont

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~ Ambrose Bierce

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~ Honoré de Balzac

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~ Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~ Washington Irving

A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is." ~ Keith L. Brooks

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~ Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative