Sunday, December 07, 2008

Carty Finkbeiner on Facebook?

Imagine my surprise this morning to find a Facebook friend request in my email - from Carty Finkbeiner.

Now, considering Carty's reputation for not even having a computer on his desk, not to mention that he has staff do all email correspondence, I was sure this wasn't the real Carty.

Carty's Facebook page includes Toledo Councilman Joe McNamara as a friend. It also says he's a fan of former mayor Jack Ford, whom he defeated.

I'm certain it is against the rules of service to pretend to be someone else and create a page, but whoever it is is probably having a bit of fun doing so.

And no, I didn't add this fake Carty as a friend.

4 comments:

Roman said...

This is too funny!! How about a pool guessing how long it will remain on Facebook? My thought it may be hours? I do not think Carty is known for a sense of Humor.

Maggie said...

Roman - that's funny...wish I'd thought of it...

Casmi said...

I'm crushed! I didn't get an invite to be his friend. :::giggle:::

Oh well, I guess I will have to be content in knowing that those that I DO call friend have acknowledged me ...

Brian Schwartz said...

Carty cares little about the Internet. Amy is the one that is computer savvy.

Interestingly, while I was there, somebody used the name "Carty Finkbeiner" to post on a Steely Dan fan message board. We got a few emails from Steely Dan fans who were sure Carty had something to do with bringing them to Toledo a couple years ago.

I warned the mayor about this alias as well as the jackass who was running Carty Finkbeiner.com as well as Marge Brown.com. He didn't care about that either.

There is not a less technical or computer savvy person in this world than Carty Finkbeiner. He doesn't even know how to type -- let alone operate a computer keyboard.

Google Analytics Alternative