Friday, December 24, 2010

Tracking Santa and 'A Christmas Story' on Christmas Eve!

Each year, we do an open house on Christmas Eve for any family and friends who are in town. We know that many people have plans for Christmas Eve, and sometimes it's just a few of us - but other years, it's a full house. And that's what Christmas is all about for us - spending time with family and friends, enjoying their company and laughter around good food and drink.

One of my personal joys is something I discovered several years ago - NORAD Santa Tracker. I open up my laptop and put it on the official NORAD Santa Tracker page and we watch as Santa makes his way across the globe. My great nieces and nephews - and our friends' children - all enjoy knowing where he is. There's a learning component as well, as you can click on his stops and get information about the place and some of their traditions.

If you've not shared this with the children (of all ages) in your family, I hope you will as it's lots of fun.

Of course, that competes with the movie "A Christmas Story" which TBS airs repeatedly beginning at 8 p.m. tonight. While "The Princess Bride" is my all-time favorite movie (which was on last night), "A Christmas Story" is my all-time favorite Christmas movie - primarily because it captures the memories all of us have of a special toy or gift we once wanted ... and the machinations we went through to let our parents know as well as the anticipation of finding it under the tree on Christmas Day. If you've never seen "A Christmas Story," I hope you'll watch it with your family tonight or tomorrow.

Besides - it's got some of the best one-liners, making it great for adults as well as kids.

Whatever you do tonight or tomorrow, I hope you, too, will do it in the company of those you love.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Timothy W Higgins said...

"The Princess Bride" on Christmas Eve Eve and "A Christmas Story" on Christmas Eve .... Inconceivable!

Google Analytics Alternative