Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Apparently, wearing a skirt means you're a threat

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." ~ U.S. Constitution

When traveling on a plane, I specifically dress so as not to set off the metal detector. On my way back from a conference in Phoenix, I went through the detector and didn't set it off, as planned.

However, because I was wearing a skirt (and that was the ONLY reason, the TSA guard told me) he called for a pat down. A female agent came over and patted down my legs.

I presented no threat, no potential danger, did not set off the alarm and specifically wore nothing that would even remotely single me out for a pat-down. But apparently, wearing a skirt is some sort of indicator of potential terrorist activity and a pat-down was performed.

We have given up so much and it really hasn't made us any safer, though it has diminished our liberties and put us on a path to tyranny. As for the above quote, I don't care what they courts may say, the TSA violates this basic tenent every day!

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative