Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quote of the Day - the 'cult of the individual'


I'm working on a detailed post about the Toledo Public School finances (yes, another one with new information). The post is critical in light of the recent Blade editorial supporting their request for a new, additional 4.9 mill levy for 10 years.

I couldn't believe it when I read that TPS will have to cut $22 million out of the budget if they don't get $13 million in new taxes each year.

So I'm looking at the financial data directly from the TPS website to see what they've projected. I've already learned enough to debunk the claim, but I want to be sure all the data is current and accurate, so it may take me a day or two to do all the checking.

In the meantime, here's a great quote to remember, especially in light of the trends toward collectivism that we see so often today:

"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all." ~ Nikita S. Khrushchev

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative