Monday, February 25, 2013

Quotes of the Day - Kevin Jackson, The Black Sphere


Today's Black History Month QsOTD come from Kevin Jackson, author, speaker, radio host and father. He has been described as a "rising star
among young conservative thinkers, writers, and political commentators
" while his speeches about Ending Identity Politics have been called “cult classics.” His website, The Black Sphere, aims to "End Identity Politics, (by) educating with satire and humor."

The Black Sphere brand came from physics. The sphere can hold the most volume in nature, and the black hole is one of the most powerful forces in the universe. The sphere offers a 360 degree perspective from any angle. All ideas are evaluated, but only those important enough to escape the power of a black hold should escape.

Only powerful thoughts emanate from The Black Sphere.

His good looks don't hurt either....

Here is my interview with him on the UN getting involved in voter ID requirements in the U.S. (from a guest hosting stint on WSPD)

You can connect with Kevin Jackson on Facebook or Twitter at Theblacksphere.

Some quotes:

"The worst aspect of the modern liberal abuse of the American black person is the war on religion. Liberals have been trying to remove God from schools, government and the public square for decades. Prayer was cut out of the schoolroom over forty years ago. And it’s easy to see why. If people hold themselves accountable to God for their behavior, as the Bible encourages them to do, then accountability is a normal part of society. Your brethren are even responsible, Biblically speaking, to hold you accountable, and you them. For modern liberal Democrats, accountability is foul language."

"The Republican Party had little to do with the modern black predicament, no matter how loud and shrill the protestations to the contrary. Republicans favor individualism; Democrats cannot win without groups of groups. Republicans ask “why is that guy so mad?” Democrats ask “what’s wrong with those people?” I believe the gap is closeable, but much work remains to be done."

“What you learn about America is people are a lot less interested in race than they are in character.”

"I recall as a child watching Reagan give a speech in his unsuccessful run for the presidency, after which I said to my grandparents, 'Why are we Democrats, when what we believe is what that guy [Reagan] just said?'"

"I grew up with people of the Tea Party movement. I knew them to be what they really are, and not what the lamestream media portrayed. We were not Republican or Democrat, we were just Americans who had finally had enough."

"Educating with humor. A poor black kid who loses his mother at age 5, his father was a drug-addict, and resident of San Quentin prison might need to laugh to keep from crying. I learned to find the good in life, the humor of our situation. I learned that America provided opportunity, not excuses. ... The American Dream is possible for anybody willing to work for it."

"It’s an interesting time to be a black Conservative in America. Black Conservatives may be the only group who has Liberals shaking like a Chihuahua pooping peach pits. We get to say what others believe they can’t say, or at least that’s what they tell me. ... I was discussing my work with a major political pundit, and he said to me, 'Kevin if I say what you say, I’d get burned at the stake.'"

"I've been a Republican and a conservative since I had a formative thought in my brain."

"I won't give Obama all the blame for making America a nation of victims, because he has had plenty of help creating this new Plutopian society. The Progressive Liberal Utopians have been angling for the new Amerika for some time, and all they needed was a useful idiot to make it so. Obama was all too willing to sign up."

"I love the Tea Party movement for many reasons. First, Washington and the media are afraid of it and have tried to demonize the movement calling it racist. Being a black conservative, I can tell you that all I have ever felt at these events is an outpouring of love. I always dispel the idea that Tea Parties are racist events — by showing up! I sell tons of my book, The Big Black Lie, because people love what I have to say about America… not black America. I am an American, who happens to be black. I also like the fact that the Tea Party movement is able to help all movements because it is all encompassing. It is about lack of representation in general, not just taxes. Washington is now made up of prima donnas, who legislate on us, not for us! One of my quotes about Washington is that they tell us, 'We couldn’t fix your brakes, but we made your horn louder!'"

"Black people, a group of people who have survived the atrocities of slavery, including deplorable living conditions and brutal treatment, as well as discrimination pre-Civil Rights movement, and a Hollywood has-been, like Garofolo, and the worst president in history, Carter, decide that they can help us? It's like those two helping Mike Tyson in a fight. Black people have been enduring for years and without this so-called "help" blacks would be titans of industry by now, and some other culture would be discussing racial discrimination. I say to liberals, Democrats, and Regressives (Progressives), please stop "helping" blacks!"

"We (conservatives) win on ideas… period. The only way they win is when they get us backpedaling on things like racism and elitism, i.e. rich against poor. We are not the racists. They are. We are not elitist, just people who actually believe in "The American Dream". Since when did that become a crime? Ask the average poor black person, “Would you like to remain a ward of the government or be rich?" I think we know the answer. So most poor people would choose rich, yet they decry the rich. Such is the logic that Democrats have created with the poor. And more importantly, what this shows is that the poor don’t believe they can become rich. Democrats have them more confused than a woodpecker in a concrete forest!So we must expose this agenda and remove racism from the lexicon of politics."

“I’ve been to hundreds of tea parties around the country. What I can tell you is that I’ve never seen any blacks lynched at one of them. That’s still one of those things that only democrats can hold a distinction about.”

And if you really want to see something entertaining from Kevin Jackson, check out this video where he "absolutely destroyed race-baiter David Shuster" on MSNBC.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative