* Why do Democrats oppose turning Medicare into a voucher system when they support a voucher system for food stamps (now SNAP), the GI Bill, Section 8 Housing and others????
* Same question for schools - vouchers are okay for those other programs, why not for schools, too?
* Democrats say that the spending cuts in the Continuing Resolution to fund the government until September are 'too draconian' and 'cut too much.' But the amount of spending cuts don't even equal the interest we pay on our debt - and it's nowhere near the deficit we will have in this fiscal year - a deficit that will have to be covered by borrowing/printing more money, contributing to the problem. If this meager amount is 'too much,' how are we ever going to get our fiscal house in order?
* President Barack Obama, in his speech Wednesday, called for automatic across-the-board spending cuts in 2014. WHY WAIT 3 MORE YEARS????
* Pres. Obama's spending cuts starting in 2014 would come AFTER the spending for the last 2 years and in the next 2 have put us into even more debt. If the debt is so bad that we must cut, why wait until what he hopes will be the middle of his next term? And if he doesn't have the political spine to cut now, what makes us think he'll develop a backbone in the future?