Friday, December 26, 2008

Quote of the Day

"The constitution of the United States is to receive a reasonable interpretation of its language, and its powers, keeping in view the objects and purposes, for which those powers were conferred. By a reasonable interpretation, we mean, that in case the words are susceptible of two different senses, the one strict, the other more enlarged, that should be adopted, which is most consonant with the apparent objects and intent of the Constitution." ~ Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution, 1833




POSTING NOTE: Last summer, my husband joined a childhood friend who is a professional captain, Tim Forderer, to help him sail a boat across the South Pacific. Sam kept a journal of his travels and has been working on supplementing the actual journey details with stories of his youth about which they reminisced during the trip. Over the next couple of days, I'll be busy reading and editing his journal with the hopes of publishing it some time in 2009.

Between this task and lots of family in town, I won't have as many postings as I usually have over the next couple of days.

I hope you'll have some time between Christmas and New Year's to also enjoy your interests!

2 comments:

Casmi said...

Maggie - I am so excited that Sam's memoirs of that trip are on the front burner now. The whole experience was a once in a lifetime opportunity that will definitely inspire some folks to follow their dreams and reach for that rainbow.

I hope the book will have plenty of those gorgeous photos in it!

Congrats to both of you - this will be a very exciting project!

Mad Jack said...

I am so envious words fail me. I love sailing.

Google Analytics Alternative