Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Laugh of the Day

Last night on WSPD, I talked briefly about buying a Mega Millions lottery ticket and how, if I won, I wouldn't need health insurance because I'd have the ability to pay for any medical treatment on my own. I wondered, then, why I'd be put in jail (under both Senate and House versions of the bill) for failing to purchase a product I clearly did not need.

That led fellow blogger Tim Higgins to send me the following message, providing the Laugh of the Day:

Maggie,

It occurred to me after listening to your discussion of a winning lottery ticket on the show today that you could win, take the smaller single payout, pay the taxes, PAY OFF THE EXPECTED $40,000,000 DEBT IN THE TOLEDO BUDGET, and still have enough left over for you and Sam to live comfortably for the rest of your days.

Maybe the city should be playing the lottery....

--
Regards,

Tim Higgins

Alas, I was not the winner.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative