Wednesday, August 29, 2012
* Ted Strickland is traveling around Ohio doing a sort of 'counter convention' to the Republican gathering in Florida. He's on a very large bus and is garnering huge crowds of ... 30 or so.
Just wondering: anyone else see the irony of Strickland going city to city in a bus that says "wrong for the middle class"?
* The Washington Examiner had an interesting article on the latest government push for government dependency. Apparently, too many of you depend first on yourselves and then on your family for help in hard times.
Clearly that cannot be allowed to happen, so the government has created a website so you can stop that nasty habit of taking care of yourselves and rely upon the government instead.
* Check it out: Public Notice released a new video, “Where Washington is Taking Us,” highlighting the results of Washington’s reckless economic and fiscal policies and the true impact on American families, students and small businesses. The video presents today’s hard economic realities with the underlying message that the American people cannot afford to let Washington continue to take us down a path towards high unemployment, massive debt and a reduced quality of life.
* Note to Steve Steel: when you're in a hole, stop digging. Calling Mike Bell's proposal - which is your idea applied equally to everyone - a "red herring" just makes you look ridiculous. You are, however, correct in that it was 'one-upmanship' ... you're just upset about being the one 'upped'.
Just remember, you started it, so don't be surprised when Bell finishes it.
Saving the best for last:
* Keila Cosme is going to leave the Lucas County Board of Elections to take a job with the county. John Irish is going to be nominated to take her place.
I've worked with John as a commissioner - and against him in campaigns. I respect him even when I disagree with him. He's got a keen political mind and is an excellent strategist.
He also doesn't suffer fools, so his inclusion on the BOE will be nothing but a thorn in the side of the childish antics of Jon Stainbrook.
Either Irish will end up 'pummeling' Stainbrook or the BOE may actually get some work done. Only time will tell ... but, in the meantime, it will be fun to watch.