Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quotes of the Day

As a Republican in a Democrat county, I often drew inspiration from this quote from Sam Adams, which I kept in the corner of a photo of my husband and me:

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in peoples' minds." ~ Samuel Adams

I think it goes with this one from John Adams:

"But what do we mean by the American Revolution? Do we mean the American war? The Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations... This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution." ~ John Adams

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative