City to accept fresh cut Christmas trees after holidays
Trees will be recycled into mulch for use in city parks
The city of Toledo will again accept Christmas trees at select city park sites beginning December 26, 2011 and continuing through January 27, 2012.
A collection site will be offered in each of the six city council districts. Fresh cut Christmas trees may be dropped off in the parking lots of the listed sites in designated areas. Citizens are asked to remove all ornaments, decorations and plastic bags from the tree. Trees will be chipped into mulch for use in the city’s parks.
The sites will include:* Jermain Park on Upton Ave. in council district one.
* Schneider Park on Schneider Rd. near S. Detroit Ave. in council district two.
* Ravine 2 Park on Mott St. in council district three.
* Detwiler Park at Manhattan Blvd. and Summit St. in council district four.
* Bowman Park in the Laskey Rd. parking lot in council district five.
* Greenwood Park in the Gage and Darrel lots in council district six.
Drop-off areas will be designated with signage directing citizens to the appropriate location.
Citizens with questions regarding Christmas tree disposal may contact the Division of Forestry at 419-245-3357.
Monday, December 12, 2011