Saturday, April 14, 2012

Beware the Tax Blob


From the U.S. Chamber of Commerce:

This Friday the 13th, there is good reason to be horrified by a serious issue—the Tax Blob! This satirical look at a serious issue illustrates the danger of tax reform going unaddressed. You cannot run from it, you cannot hide from it, and we're all at risk of being overtaken by it on January 1, 2013.

Beware the Tax Blob: Real Consequences of Inaction on Tax Reform, Coming to a Theater and a Tax Bill Near You.




2 comments:

Timothy W Higgins said...

Maggie,

While I understand that we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world, I also understand that corporate taxes are passed on to consumers in the cost of goods and services. While I understand that serious tax reform, both corporate and personal, is required in this country; I am beginning to think that the non-stop trumpeting of this issue is a distraction.

We both know that tax reform isn't going to get us out of our current mess, only SPENDING reform is going to do that. I for once would prefer that Congress, the media, and advocacy groups focus their laser-like attention on real budget reform and stop waving other issues in our face as a distraction.

Maggie said...

Tim - While I agree with you on the substance, I disagree that people know about the real impact of the taxes. With so many people calling for more taxation (tax the rich, tax the evil corporations, etc...), I think this is a novel way to engage previously uninterested individuals.

Yes - we need to address the outrageous, out-of-control spending. Perhaps I'm jaded in my opinion, but I think that's as likely as the Mayan prophecy coming true on Dec. 21st.

Google Analytics Alternative