Saturday, February 21, 2009

Atlantis?

I just love stories like this...

I saw this the other day and twittered about it, but didn't do a blog post.

Some guy, just playing around with Google Earth, comes across a grid of criss-crossing lines on the ocean floor covering an area about the size of Wales. The patterns look too organized to have occurred naturally and the location is about right for Plato's description of the site of the sunken city.

Upon seeing the article, I went out to Google Earth (which I had previously downloaded for free) and saw the exact same scene.

It makes me wonder just what else might be discoverable by the 'average' person with some of the new tools that are available... And I'll watch for the National Geographic Special when they send down the ROVs to examine the sight!

Isn't this just amazing?

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative