This is why Democrats on Toledo City Council want to raise taxes on the poor and middle class - so all Toledo taxpayers can continue to pay for things like this:
City of Toledo hosts annual Kids Fishing Rodeo at Sleepy Hollow Park
The City of Toledo Division of Parks, Forestry and Recreation will host the 2012 Kids Fishing Rodeo from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 14, 2012. The event is held each year at Sleepy Hollow Park near the corner of Dorr Street and Richards Road.
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. and all participants must register prior to fishing. Fishing begins at 9 a.m. for all age groups. Prizes will be awarded to the boy and girl within each age bracket who catch the biggest fish.
* Kids must provide proof of age if they appear older than 15 years.
* Kids can fish with rods & reels, poles & lines, or throw lines of their choosing.
* Bobbers may be used.
* Sinkers of any kind, weight and size are allowed.
* Kids can use only one line, with just one hook of any size and shape.
* Kids must furnish their own fishing equipment, bait, and stringer or bucket.
* Kids will begin fishing at the sound of the starting horn and may continue to fish until the horn signals the end of the session.
The 2012 Fishing Rodeo is presented by the City of Toledo, Department of Public Service, The Toledo City Parks Commission, Seven-Up Bottling Toledo, McDonalds, Roof Top Brands and Grace Community Church.
For more information, contact the Division of Parks, Recreation and Forestry at 419-245-3388.