Tim Phillips, President of AFP:
* We are going to hold all politicians who voted for health care accountable for the promises made it. We going to push for the repeal of the health care bill and we're going to demand a vote on defunding this monstrosity.
* The politicians have ignored the will of the American people...the politicians had their say and this November, we'll have our say.
* Quoting Ghandi: first they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they attack you, then you win. This is exactly what has happened. They ignored the first tea parties. Then they ridiculed saying you were astroturfs, front groups, etc., but the movement continued to grow. Now they're attacking you, calling you racists and other things. But in November, we will win.
* We're going to win because of our values of freedom and economic prosperity and the belief in the Constitution. We are exceptional as we are Americans and we cannot lose that. We will take our country back.
* What is it that you want from government? Most people answer that question with 'nothing - we just want to be left alone to enjoy the freedoms we were given by our Creator and enshrined in our Constitution.'
* If we want to be left alone to enjoy our freedoms, we have to get involved to fight to preserve those freedoms - every day.
Ed Morrissey, HotAir.com:
* I am not what I seem. I am not a man of taste and sophistication. I have a deep, dark secret: I love disco. I have a nostalgic love of the music of the 1970's, but that's not what's coming back...it's the failed economic policies that is making a comeback.
* Pres. Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid believe the interventionist policies and confiscatory taxation will work this time around.
* They've passed a financial regulatory bill that will 'fix' everything except what caused the problem in the first place. I call this 'the hustle.'
* With the health care bill, they've made huge promises, but the impact on us will be 'stayin' alive.'
* With unemployment it's the same thing. After spending billions in a stimulus plan - borrowed money at that - unemployment has risen, not lowered.
* Exploding deficits - Pelosi and Reid made over-spending Republicans from a few years back look like Ebeneezer Scrooge.
* National debt is at 93% of GDP - 'grease is the word.'
* But the failures of the '70s resulted in the Reagan Revolution, resulting in the greatest expansion of wealth in our nation's history - and we can do it again, too.
* We have a duty to our country to act when it goes off track - to make our politicians listen and fight for our free-market principles and private property rights.
John Fund, Wall Street Journal:
* I'm speaking here, but will reporting on the Netroots meeting. Pelosi will be speaking there today, but she is an 'honest liberal.' She told us that if we wanted to know what was in the health care bill, we had to pass it...
* At Netroots Nation, they are depressed and sullen. You could walk through their deepest optimism and not get your ankles wet. Why? Because they were told over and over again that once the health care bill was passed, people would accept the law. How's that working out for you?
* Polls says Obama's re-election ranking is at 14% and 55% of people (30% of Democrats) believe 'socialist' describes him. Even his own party describes him as a 'big spender' and 'growing government too big.'
* ? says the polls show this country is at a pre-revolution stage. The American people have decided to take things into their own hands. Politics is too important to be left to the politicians.
* Through the power of the new media, you have been able to organize and bring yourselves together in this goal. You have so much power, you have scared your adversaries and they are lashing out (racism charge).
* I have evidence as to why in the world this charge was hurled at the tea party supporters. quote from author: "tainting the tea party with the charge of racism has proved to be an effective strategy...there is no evidence ... having your opponents rebut charges of racism is better than discussing joblessness." That's honesty.
* You're going to have a big victory in November, but remember that the 'beltway party' (both parties) is already plotting to thwart you.
* Did you know Congress is still exempt from the Civil Rights Act? That there are three parties in Congress: Republicans, Democrats and the Appropriations Committee?
* We need no lame-duck session - no excuse for such members of Congress to make decisions when they've just been told by the nation that we want to go in a completely different direction.
* Liberals only get elected when they convince the American people that they will govern as moderates. That's what happened with Jimmy Carter. And as we've seen historically, when they run as moderates, but then govern from the left, the American rise up to beat back liberalism.