Friday, February 29, 2008

Samsphere Chicago 2008

The Sam Adams Alliance has decided to host Samsphere Chicago 2008, intended to enable bloggers and e-activists from across the country, who focus on local and state-level politics and who are dedicated to the principles of individual freedom and limited government, to gather together to network and share ideas.

When I was first notified of this event, I thought it was one of those national conferences that would feature hundreds of bloggers...so I responded that I would love to attend if I could arrange it in my schedule.

Then I got the invitation and realized it was a rather limited guest list with some pretty impressive names. Confirmed attendees include: Erick Erickson from Redstate Blog, who was recently named the sixty-ninth most influential conservative in the United States by the London Telegraph; Patrick Ruffini, who was the eCampaign Director at the Republican National Committee and webmaster for Bush-Cheney ‘04; Erik Telford, manager of new media for Americans For Prosperity; and Leslie Carbone, a writer from D.C. whose work has appeared in The Weekly Standard, The American Enterprise and National Review Online.

Oh - and one of my favs, Chuck Muth!

(And then I wondered why I had been invited - but I didn't want to ask and have them realize my invite might have been in error...LOL!)

So, in a couple of weeks, I'm Chicago bound - honored to be included in the group and excited about meeting with such influential and knowledgeable bloggers.

As with any conference, we'll have discussions and speakers (John Fund is already confirmed) and I will, of course, blog from the event to share with you what I learn.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative