Monday, August 31, 2009

5th Annual Support the Troops Rally

The 5th annual Support the Troops rally will be Wednesday, September 9. at 6 pm in Friendship Park, on 131st St.in Point Place.

This is a tribute to the brave men and women who risk their lives for their country and all of us. Jerry Anderson from WTOL will serve as the master of ceremonies. The evening's activities will include: speeches by armed forces veterans; the Ohio National Guard rock climbing wall; a rifle salute and honor guard.

According the email I received, more information is supposed to be available at www.heroesinaction.org, but I couldn't get the link to work.

I remember the first rally on a cold, windy September evening at the Conn-Weisenberger VFW Post in the little outdoor shelter they have on the side of the property. There were about 20 of us there.

Last year, I did my first live broadcast from the event. There were over 300 people present.

Alas, this will be the first rally that I've missed, as I'll be in Memphis that day. So I hope many of you will find the time to join the rally and pay tribute to those who sacrifice on a daily basis to keep us safe and free.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative