Sunday, August 28, 2011

Holding Stainbrook accountable to his own standards

I've had some communications that state my prior post, "If he follows his own logic, Stainbrook should resign from BOE," might be a bit 'harsh.'

I reject that wholeheartedly and have only this to say to those who believe Stainbrook shouldn't be held to his own standards:

If Ben Marsh, Patrick Kriner or Lynn Olman had been the members of the Board of Elections when the improper certification of Lindsay Webb had been approved, do you think Lucas County Republican Party Chairman Jon Stainbrook would be saying it was the fault of the staff?!?

Of course not - he, and The Blade, would be calling for their heads on a platter!

All I'm asking for is consistency - rather than hypocrisy - in positions. Stainbrook, himself, set the standards and he needs to be held accountable to the same ones he sought to impose on others.

But as I said in my original post - I won't hold my breath.

1 comment:

Mad Jack said...

A bit harsh? You were kind and generous to Stainbrook. What he really deserves is some time in the slammer.

I support you in your rejection of those criticisms. You're right on the money with your comments about Stainbrook and the whole BOE fiasco.

Google Analytics Alternative