Tuesday, March 04, 2008

UPDATED - Blade poll on the 3/4% payroll tax

Today's online poll at www.toledoblade.com (bottom of the right column), asks what do you think the city will do if this temporary tax renewal fails?

Of course, as of the time of this posting and I'm sure for the final vote, the majority of people taking the poll believe that the city will do employee layoffs. The other options of 'find other cuts' or 'not sure' are getting some votes.

But, as is often the case with polls, the trick is to ask the right question. I would have loved if The Blade had included a second poll question that was: What do you think the city SHOULD do if the tax fails?

As they haven't, I have. The poll is on the left-hand side...have at it and let me know what you think!

UPDATED: Poll results - "Employee layoffs including police and fire" got 9% of the vote. This option tied with "I don't care because I don't live in Toledo anymore." "Find other cuts" received 79% of the vote and 3% were "unsure or didn't know."

Thanks for participating!

2 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Trust the Blah to remain true to THEIR agenda. . .

-Sepp said...

Why would the blade care what the citizens think? They've been TELLING Toledoans what and how to think ever since I can remember!

Google Analytics Alternative