Monday, March 10, 2008

Women's Voices Making History

If you read the comments under "Finally...this explains it all," you'll find that Catherine Morgan posted the following:

"I wanted you to know, that I nominated you for Women's Voices Making History. Your blog is on my list of over 300 women blogging about politics, and I am currently going through it, and nominating blogs that I think are most worthy. Anyone can nominate a blogger, so if you have others you would like to nominate, all you have to do is go to the site at Women's Voices, Women Vote. :-)

Best,

Catherine "

Catherine has several blogs, including this one about Women Bloggers, of which I am a proud member.

I'm so very honored by this nomination and wanted to thank Catherine for thinking that my blog was worthy of consideration. I have no idea if I'll make the final list, but will find out after March 21, at which time everyone can vote on their top favorites.

As turnabout is fair play, I've nominated Lisa Renee Ward of Glass City Jungle who's been doing this blogging thing longer than me - and who also was quite helpful as I first got started.

I think it would be fantastic if two women from Toledo make the final list! After all, Northwest Ohio has proven to be very welcoming to female leadership over the years.

Again, my thanks to Catherine for the nomination!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Maggie, I received an email from Catherine last week. I nominated you and Jill from Writes Like She Talks when I first heard about the Women's Voices Making History. I probably should have posted about it, but we both know how I am when it comes to not doing enough self promotion. (smile)

Hopefully some of Ohio's fantastic women bloggers will make the list of the top ten.

:-)

Maggie said...

I thought I'd read where Jill had also been nominated, so I didn't submit her name/blog again, though I do believe she should be on the list as well!

Cool - what terrific company we are in!

Carol said...

Congratulations, my friend! What an honor! I think you have found your niche. ;)

Google Analytics Alternative