Friday, March 07, 2008

UPDATED: Prediction for TPS Board of Education

While I said this about a week ago in an email, I decided I wanted to share it with all of you.

I predict that Bob Vasquez will be named the new member of the Toledo Public Schools Board of Education, replacing Robert Torres who resigned when he took a new job out of town.

My predication is based upon his previous appointments by Jack Ford to various boards, the comment from TPS board president Steven Steel that he was looking for someone with board experience, and his 'affiliation' with A-Teamers of the local Democratic Party who constitute the majority of the board. It is NOT based upon any inside knowledge of the preferences of the board members.

While I believe there are a couple of others who would make excellent board members and provide a diversity of thought, I think Bob will get the nod.

The board meets at 7:30 to make/announce their decision.

UPDATE: I was right!

3 comments:

Timothy W Higgins said...

OK Maggie,

Got any stock tips that you would like to share?

Any predictions for the coming snow storm?

Any picks for the Final Four?

I am merely trying to cash in on your apparent knowledge of the future...

Maggie said...

Getting one prediction right does not a prognosticator make...

:)

navyvet said...

Way to go Maggie

Google Analytics Alternative