Larry Kudlow - CNBC and CEO of Kudlow and Co.:
* wants to say things calmly but forcibly....
* we've been through the worst economic down time in a long time - one of the worst since WWII - recommend to you that the #1 domestic issue is going to be the economy, with the issue being how to get the high unemployment rate down/putting people back to work/restoring American prosperity and how that will restore our place in the world.
* Ronald Reagan taught me this many years ago when I was just a young kid...let us not lose sight in all the issues of big government just how important it is to grow the economy.
* if you go back 30+ years when conservatism was at a low ebb, the great rallying cry which resuscitated the rebirth was supply-side economics, which revived the world.
* while we have this socialistic action in Washington, this will pass if we are steadfast in our beliefs.
* when the libs take over Washington, they bomb...because conservatives, people who believe in free enterprise, liberty and growth, had good things to say.
* this is in defense of free-market capitalism - it's the best path to prosperity.
* doing a supply-side minute on his show to remind people of the principles that brought about not only the Reagan revolution, but the economic revolution that gave us three decades of growth.
* If you tax something more, you get less of it. If you tax something less, you get more of it.
* If you keep more of every dollar earned because the marginal tax rate on that dollar has been reduced, it creates a reward and incentive to do more of an action....gives the individuals in civil society - those who want to be left alone - the incentive and reward structure to do good.
* people working in business are not evil - people who get rewards from putting people to work are not evil - and this puts me at odds with people in Washington.
* Want to reinforce - at the end of the day, we have to put people back to work. Current unemployment rates are not good and all the government borrowing and spending - if it was going to work, it would have ... it hasn't worked because it's not going to.
* we need to revive the conversation about lowering marginal tax rates across the board for every single income tax bracket.
* we need to revive the conversation about lowering marginal tax rates for large and small businesses.
* we need to revive the conversation about stopping the double, triple taxation on savings, investments, capital gains and estates.
* we need to do a lot of things - fighting health care take over, overspending, cap-and-trade - but we need to revive the tax cutting story...
* if you tax less you'll get more of it - so reduce tax on employment, investment, etc...and you'll get more of it and restore our world supremacy.
* how do we get more health care? tax it less. I want more health care and less government control of it. Health care of a potential growth industry - so why do we attack doctors and hospitals, and put price controls on all health-related things? Why do we want to tax medical items???
* in the lousy jobs report, health care employment went up...it's a growth industry. If we lower tax rates on all companies, it will result in lower taxes for health care companies too...and we'll get more of it.
* just cut the tax rates - just cut it!!!!
* climate change .... to those who believe in climate change endangerment argument, raise the carbon tax/create a carbon sales tax, but legislate that every penny of that tax will go to slash marginal tax rates in every other aspect of taxation in the country. I don't believe in climate change endangerment, but this is the supply-side approach.
* if you're going to purchase a home, you should put in 20% so you have some 'skin in the game' rather than being able to bankrupt Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...
* if you buy a home and sell it...you shouldn't have to pay capital gains on that sale.
* abolish capital gains tax for the entire economy - stop picking winners and losers when it comes to the items taxed.
* three decades of supply-side economics which grew the U.S. economy and created more wealth than ever would make a person think that we won the ideological battle, but I was wrong.
* We have to re-double our efforts in this regard ... don't forget about supply-side principles and the importance of economic growth and why it is that free people working for themselves are the heart and soul of economic growth.
* cruelest tax is inflation .... strong dollar is not in our nation's interest globally, but in our personal best interests.
* lower tax rates to spur growth...the results prove this worked in the past, it will work now.
* we're going to need, probably, constitutional amendments/limits on federal spending, because the politicians are incapable of limiting it themselves - and on the federal debt levels again, because politicians are incapable.
* we need to be optimistic and believe...we know how to restore prosperity and jobs...we know how to restore Americans excellence - liberals don't.
* only business - not government - can create a job. Nature of free-market capitalism is to be rewarded for the good work that people do - including owning a business and employing people.
* free-market capitalism is the best path to prosperity.