David Koch, Chairman of the Americans For Prosperity Foundation, presenting Washington Award to Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC). Playing "I'm going home" song for the actual presentation, as Sen. DeMint is 'among family here at AFP.'
* 'the cavalry has come to town...'
* you've heard what we need to do from Newt Gingrich and Steven Moore - so the question is what do we do and how do we win this battle?
* we know that when the government says 'yes we can,' we need to stand up and say 'no you can't.'
* we they try to convince us that government works, we need to remind them that it's freedom that works in America.
* the principles of freedom are proven - there is no debate. We should not be debated central control versus individual freedom.
* we may be outnumbered in Washington, we but we are not outnumbered in America. When Americans stand up, we win.
* the key is supporting conservatives, even in primaries. Find candidates, regardless of party, who support freedom's principles. We just need a few more to tip the balance in the country.
* the more we hear from you, the more we listen and the more we reflect your wishes in our votes...I'm more afraid of you than I am of my opponents here. I don't care who is against me here, so long as the people I meet in America continue to tell me I'm doing the right thing.
* website: senateconservatives.com
* heart and soul of our country is at stake - I've never been more burdened by what's happening here in DC nor more encouraged by what's going on in America...