Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Sharing my latest posts on Ohio Watchdog:
Buckeye State ranks 5th in nation in intellectual property jobs
Court dismisses ProgressOhio v. JobsOhio lawsuit
Most Ohio representatives score low on spending cuts
* What may surprise you on this is that several Tea Party Republicans score worse than Dennis Kucinich
House OKs photo requirement for scrap metal sales
* If you want to sell any scrap metal, be prepared to have your picture taken ... yes, that's supposed to help catch criminals steal metal out of homes.
Clock may be ticking on daylight saving time
HUD issues grants to teach proper grant spending
* You won't believe this - HUD thinks it needs to spend money to teach people who got HUD grants how to spend the money.
Kasich vetoes, but will fund, biometric pilot project
Toledo council knowingly violates charter to help union
* MUST READ
Ohio to require training to get used car dealer license
Ohio shortens time to file written contract lawsuits
Ohio House passes SharedWork plan
Ohio's SharedWork plan hits partisan snags
Is Mr. Edison going to Washington?
State auditor: Stop the biodiesel requirement, save millions
* Seriously - if the state eliminated their mandate to purchase biodiesel fuels, it would save millions!
With regulations like this, who would want to be a precious metals dealer in Ohio?
* More regulations and more barriers to entrepreneurship
Sherrod Brown's hypocritical 'war on women'
* This one earned a mention on National Review's The Corner
Why I'm keeping my plastic bags
* Everything you need to know about what's best for the environment - it may surprise you!
I shouldn't be fingerprinted in order to get a prescription
* But you will be - this is a pilot program and the details mean it WILL be used state-wide.
Now we're fingerprinting out kids - for a lunch line?
Posted by Maggie Thurber at 8:34 AM