Sunday, June 03, 2012

Quotes of the Day - enjoying life


It's a cliche, but it's true: sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses. So that's what I'm doing today - a beautiful Sunday in June. Here are some quotes that inspired me to 'enjoy life' today.

Begin doing what you want to do now. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake. ~ Marie Ray

And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. ~ Abraham Lincoln

It’s the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they’re gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it’s my turn to leave. ~ Tupac Shakur

May you live all the days of your life. ~ Jonathan Swift

Life is wasted on the living. ~ Douglas Adams

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. ~ Danny Kaye

Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. ~ Lillian Dickson

Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies. ~ Erich Fromm

Eating, loving, singing and digesting are, in truth, the four acts of the comic opera known as life, and they pass like bubbles of a bottle of champagne. Whoever lets them break without having enjoyed them is a complete fool. ~ Gioacchino Rossini

Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter. ~ Dodinsky

Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week. ~ Joseph Addison

And what I think is my favorite for today:

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. ~ Anonymous

1 comment:

Timothy W Higgins said...

Perhaps just a few more perhaps worthy of consideration:

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
- Robert Heinlein

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schultz

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."
- Douglas Adams

Google Analytics Alternative